Sunday, December 30, 2012

Life as a Vegan - Days 2 & 3

Day 2 was fantastic! I woke up feeling much better and hit the gym right away for a good, long workout. My loving boyfriend showed his support for my Vegan quest with the following:

Vegan dish of the day: Veggie and tofu stir fry
Ingredients:

  • 4 or 5 mushrooms (sliced)
  • 1 bell pepper (sliced)
  • 1 medium onion (sliced)
  • Tofu - regular or marinated (80-100g - careful here, tofu is calorie-dense - cut into little chunks)
  • 2-3 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
  • 1 fresh chili pepper
  • 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil

Directions: Heat up the oil in the pan, sauté the garlic until golden brown; throw in the onions for 2 minutes; add in bell peppers and mushrooms - sauté for 5 minutes or so, letting the water from the mushrooms come out and evaporate. Finally, add the tofu and sauté for 2-3 more minutes. Viola! 

Chef Rune's veggie & tofu stir fry - YUM!


I finished Day 2 with 20g of raw dark chocolate - which doesn't taste exactly like 'regular' dark chocolate, but isn't all that bad :)

Day 3 was a semi-Vegan day. As I noted in my initial Going Vegan post, there are two exceptions to my Vegan lifestyle over the next 3 weeks, and last night was one of them: Date night! My boyfriend and I went and had tapas (very un-vegan) - we had already planned the evening a while ago, and I didn't want my new Vegan challenge to get in the way of that. If i've learned anything in the past few years, it is that diet and exercise -as important as they are - should not get in the way of having fun and spending quality time with loved ones. So I was super vegan all day long - took the night off - and today, i'm back on track with my Veganism!




No comments:

Post a Comment